Join our People’s Panel and People’s Network
The Migration Museum is looking for people to be part of our People’s Panel and Network, helping to establish our community engagement values and practices in Lewisham and beyond.
If you want to join, you have two options:
1) People’s Panel – the core feedback group committed to attending 3 workshops at the Migration Museum and completing 3 follow-up surveys (either online, over the phone, or in person). These will take place between November 2022 and November 2023. Participants will receive £75 per workshop for their time.
2) People’s Network – a virtual network of participants committed to completing 3 surveys (either online, over the phone or in person). These will take place between November 2022 and November 2023. Participants will receive a £10 high street voucher per survey.
If you’re interested in taking part, please contact us by:
- – Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as ‘People’s Panel and Network’
- – Calling and leaving a message on 020 3488 4508 – someone will call you back
- – Coming into the Migration Museum in Lewisham Shopping Centre and speaking to a member of staff. Our opening hours are Weds–Sat 11am-5.30pm and Sun 11am-5pm
What will the People’s Panel and People’s Network do?
– Choose the values and guidelines that we follow when we host exhibitions, activities and events
– Help shape our future exhibitions and events
– Feedback on what you like, and don’t like from the Migration Museum
How much time do I need to have?
There’s two options if you want to take part:
- People’s Panel
3x 2 hour workshops between November 2022 and November 2023
3x 10 minute follow up surveys
2. People’s Network (Virtual network)
3x surveys (online, over the phone or in person) between November 2022 and November 2023
How much will I be compensated for my time?
You will be paid £75 per 2-hour workshop if you’re part of the People’s Panel. If you join the People’s Network, you will receive a £10 voucher per survey.
I don’t know anything about museums and/or migration can I join in?
Yes! You’re an expert on your experience. We want to hear from people with a range of experiences and expertise.
I’m under 16 can I join the People’s Panel and People’s Network?
If you’re under 16 you can take part in the People’s Network, but at the moment our People’s Panel is for over 16s only. However, we have a Youth Panel which you can join. Email Emily@migrationmuseum.org for more information.
What does the Migration Museum do?
We host exhibitions, events and an extensive education programme looking at the movement of people to and from the UK. We’re currently based in the heart of Lewisham Shopping Centre in south-east London. We’re free to visit, and there’s no need to book. Visit our About Us page for more information, or check our our Instagram.