We are reopening on Friday 23 October 2020
The Migration Museum is reopening to visitors from Friday 23 October 2020 onwards. We will initially be reopening three days a week – Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, from 11am–5pm.
Measures we are taking to keep visitors, volunteers and staff safe
We have been working hard over the past few months to adapt our museum to meet Covid-secure guidelines, so that we can reopen in a way that ensures the safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff at all times.
The Migration Museum will be reopening to visitors from Friday 23 October 2020 onwards. Our museum will initially be reopening three days a week – Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, from 11am–5pm.
We’ll still be offering you the same warm welcome and space to explore and reflect on themes that go to the heart of urgent conversations around migration, identity, race and belonging. But like so many other aspects of our lives right now, we’ll be doing things a little bit differently:
- We have redesigned our space to ensure that social distancing can be maintained at all times, in compliance with Covid-secure guidelines.
- We have installed multiple hand-sanitiser stations and will be encouraging all visitors to make use of them.
- We will be conducting regular disinfecting and cleaning of all public areas and equipment.
- All staff and volunteers will be wearing masks and, in line with new guidelines, we will be requiring all visitors to wear masks at all times too unless they have an exemption from doing so.
- Advance booking is not required. However, we may need to restrict the number of visitors in our museum and our exhibitions at any time in order to ensure that social distancing can be maintained at all times.
- All visitors to our exhibitions will be required to leave their details in line with Track and Trace requirements.
- Please adhere to the regulations in line with the current local Covid-19 alert level. As of 17/10/20, London is on High alert, meaning: please only visit with people in your own household or support bubble, up to a maximum of six visitors in total per group. Please keep socially distanced from visitors from any other household or support bubble throughout the duration of your visit.
- Where possible, please walk or cycle and avoid using public transport when visiting us, especially during peak hours.
- We will not be able to accommodate group or education visits until 2021.
- We have made the difficult decision not to reopen our Room to Breathe exhibition for the time being due to the enclosed layout and the highly interactive nature of this exhibition. We are continuing to explore ways of adapting Room to Breathe to enable us to reopen it in some form soon.
We thank you for your cooperation in following these new requirements to help us to keep each other safe and our museum open.